This lowly blog chronicles the life-altering experiences of a certain beloved Chicagoan. As he establishes his
identity in the United Kingdom, he shall post *semi-regular* updates regarding his year-long endeavor. Please do
enjoy these baffled thoughts; it might help to sip some tea while doing so. Cheers!

Wednesday 24 November 2010

So... Harry Potter

That's right. I saw the Deathly Hallows English-style. I soon discovered that this isn't entirely different from American-style, aside from the lack of midnight showings. Instead my flat mates and I enjoyed a leisurely 7:45 p.m. movie in a giant, slightly-cramped theater.

Also, I dressed up.

Aren't I cute?

This requires particular attention. I am not, in fact, a muggle, but a wizard dressed up as a muggle. (Hence the wand.) Though in actuality, I am a muggle dressed up as a wizard dressed up as a muggle. The irony was completely missed by Britons, however, and I was largely regarded as "lame" for my poor muggle costume.

But the skirt made everything okay.

Oh, and I guess the movie was good, too. (!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!)

Yours,

4 comments:

  1. So, to be perfectly clear.. you were a dude, playing a dude, disguised as another dude?

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're the cutest.
    I miss your face.

    ReplyDelete
  3. @wasabi Tommy!!: THAT IS CORRECT, SIR!

    @Jake: Imagine the cuteness that would ensue if our faces were together.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I know this is forever old, but I just have to say how happy I am that you did this. My husband and I also dressed as muggles for the seventh book release party, and his costume was remarkably similar to yours. I've never seen anyone else do it before!

    ReplyDelete