This lowly blog chronicles the life-altering experiences of a certain beloved Chicagoan. As he establishes his
identity in the United Kingdom, he shall post *semi-regular* updates regarding his year-long endeavor. Please do
enjoy these baffled thoughts; it might help to sip some tea while doing so. Cheers!

Saturday 21 May 2011

Phototour: The Lake District

Alright, so I couldn't sleep. It's 3 a.m. and I'm listening to "Be OK" by Ingrid Michaelson and it's time for a phototour.

In my professional opinion, the Lake District is one of the most beautiful places in England. We went as a group a few weeks ago and it was glorious. (There were also some literary detours, such as Wordsworth's home, but he's not included.) Anyway, here are some pictures, yo.

We first visited the house of the Brontë sisters (the parsonage)

Another shot

Also the nearby graveyard, which houses thousands due to TB

Haworth, Yorkshire

Church  Brontë sisters attended

Oh hey, horses. Please don't bite my hands off.

*swoon* The first of the lake pictures...


(At sunset)

The lakeside view from our hostel



<3

Group at the beginning of our "moderate" hike...

A waterfall on our hike

More hike shots

Forest of lilac 


Rolling hills


We did several poetry readings in honor of Lake District Poets

We begin the ascent...



Another reading, by Abby


It was so windy at the top--I barely got this without bowling over.


It was pretty neeto, to be sure. I don't think I'll ever forget the climb up there. (My thighs certainly haven't.)

Kay so maybe I'll go to sleep now THANKS FOR WATCHING BYE.


Yours,



No comments:

Post a Comment