This lowly blog chronicles the life-altering experiences of a certain beloved Chicagoan. As he establishes his
identity in the United Kingdom, he shall post *semi-regular* updates regarding his year-long endeavor. Please do
enjoy these baffled thoughts; it might help to sip some tea while doing so. Cheers!

Monday 28 February 2011

Catch-Up

Much has happened in the past month. To start, a new semester has begun. I'm taking two classes at Uni.-- Introduction to the Study of Religion, and Twentieth Century Literature: Forms in Transition. Both have proven thus far to be incredibly interesting. There's a lot of reading involved, but hey, I'm an English major. It's what I does.

We also began our flat-wide class: Public History. I'm quite excited for this one. We get to interview people involved with the Nottingham program, because apparently little to no information exists on that front. So I suppose you could say we're all doing our sesquicentennial duty. Huzzah!

Secondly, I underwent a mild freak-out session in which I thought I had failed a class last semester. On February 7th, I checked my grades online and discovered that I had received a 41% in philosophy. (Remember, these are British standards. For British freshmen, this does not constitute a fail. Their first year at University doesn't hurt them.) I needed a 42% in order for the credits to transfer back to Luther. So after a week of frantic emails and intense waves of depression, I learned that the grade was incorrect: they had forgotten to factor in my essay score. I got an A on the exam and a B in the class.

Thirdly, I got a job. At this place. Making these:

Can you taste the awesome?

I start on Wednesday. I have absolutely no idea what to expect. Which is why I'm gonna wear my skinny tie:

This guy knows how it's done.

Fourthly, we visited Coventry and Stratford upon Avon as a group this past weekend. We went to Coventry Cathedral (which was bombed during WWII). We also saw an amazing production of King Lear in Stratford. Twas quite a day, to be sure.

Fifthly, I made awesome french toast.

And that's a rap.

Yours,

No comments:

Post a Comment